Step 1. Locate your phone
Step 2. Dial #11-11
Step 3. Laugh! I kid.
Anyone who knows me, knows I love pizza.
- Pre-heat oven at 450F.
This is a modified bannock bread recipe that was passed down to me by my mother, who learnt it from my Dad’s mother. Probably the only family recipe I have.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-4 tbsp vegetable oil or margarine or butter or shortening or lard (greasy goodness)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 water (add more if needed)
Mix the dry stuff first, add water and greasy goodness until it is dough-like. Spread on pan.
THE EASY WAY IS TO BUY THE DOUGH FROM YOUR STORE.
Easy/Lazy, whatever floats your boat mate.
- Spread your choice of sauce with a tablespoon (tomato, BBQ, hot sauce, olive oil…eta).
- Sprinkle your choice of cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, goat…eta.
- Toss on your choice(s) of toppings (pepperoni, bacon, onion…eta) – LESS is better, more veggies equal soggy pizza.
- I’m a fan of pre-cooking toppings as I find this is the best way to get crispy anything on a pizza.
Cook for approx. 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.